Last modified on September 17, 2014.
Thank you for using SocialShopWave! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have regarding your information.
What personal information does SocialShopWave collect?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Website. We collect the following types of information from our customers:
Personal information you provide to us
Personal information collected automatically
- When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often users use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many users as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners, so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Website, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
Email and other communications
We may contact you, by email or other means. For example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses, or communicate with you about your use of the Website. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please follow the unsubscribe link in the email bottom.
Will SocialShopWave share any of the personal information it receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form with third parties only as described below:
- Affiliated businesses and third-party websites we do not control. In certain situations, businesses or third-party websites we're affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. One such service may include the ability for you to choose to automatically transmit Third Party Account Information to your Website profile or to automatically transmit information in your Website profile to your third-party account. We have no control over the policies and practices of third-party websites as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to allow these automatic transmissions, please review all third-party websites' policies.
- Agents. We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- User profiles and content. User profile information, including without limitation your name, email address, and other information ("User Submissions") may be displayed to other users if you chosen to enter such information on your user profile. Again, any content (including without limitation images, captions, and comments) you voluntarily disclose for other users to view on the Website is not Personal Information; it becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others, and may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels. Additionally, if you sign into the Website through a third party social networking site or service, your list of "friends" from that site or service may be automatically imported to the Website, and such "friends," if they are also registered users of the Website, may be able to access certain non-public information you have entered in your Website user profile. Again, we do not control the policies and practices of any other third party site or service.
- Business transfers. We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of SocialShopWave and others. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SocialShopWave, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your consent. Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is personal information about me secure?
What personal information can I access?
Through your user profile, you may access and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you've provided to us. This list may change as the Website changes:
- Real name;
- Location & Address;
- Interests and other shopping-related preferences;
- Username, password and email address;
- User social network credentials (e.g., Facebook, Twitter);
- User profile information and user content, including images and links you have uploaded
What choices do I have?
- You can always opt not to disclose information, but keep in mind that some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our special features.
- You may be able to add, update, or delete certain information as explained in Section V above. When you do so, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please feel free to contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.